Take care of your smile while having fun
When it comes to cosmetics, you prioritize the highest quality. But have you considered the quality of your toothpaste?
It's essential to be just as discerning when choosing a toothpaste. This guide will help you make an informed decision.
Is it gentle on your teeth?
Some toothpaste brands can feel abrasive on your teeth, while others are gentler. This is primarily due to the Relative Dentin Abrasion (RDA) index, which depends on the size, quantity, and surface structure of abrasive substances in toothpaste. Highly abrasive substances are suitable for cleaning hard surfaces like stainless steel but can harm tooth enamel, leading to microscratches and gradual tooth decay.
How does it clean and support oral health?
While your toothbrush performs the mechanical cleaning, toothpaste should be a nourishing blend to support your teeth and gum health. Look for these essential ingredients:
Avoid harmful ingredients: Stay away from Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), a detrimental component in toothpaste that can cause mouth damage and irritation.
How does it whiten your teeth?
Toothpaste can whiten teeth in various ways:
- Abrasion: Avoid aggressive abrasive whitening, which can physically harm your teeth.
- Bleaching: Direct application of hydrogen peroxide in high concentrations is effective but potentially harmful over prolonged use.
- Enzymatic Whitening: Uses enzymes in toothpaste to produce low levels of hydrogen peroxide naturally. This gentle method dissolves organic stains.
- Optical Filters: These compounds stick to enamel, reflecting more blue light and making teeth appear whiter instantly. It is perfectly safe and quite effective.
Lastly, do you enjoy using it?
The choice of toothpaste impacts both the aesthetics and health of your smile. Toothpaste is in daily contact with your teeth, gums, and tongue, so it should be a product you enjoy using. Unpleasant-tasting or harsh toothpaste can deter you from regular brushing, leading to rapid tooth decay.
- Listen to your sensations: If a toothpaste has an unpleasant taste or texture, switch to one you find enjoyable and motivating.
- Long-lasting freshness: Choose a toothpaste that not only cleans and benefits your oral health but also leaves you with a fresh feeling and confidence, preventing bad breath.
- Embrace sweet hints: Toothpaste with ingredients like xylitol is harmless for your teeth and can combat certain bacteria, offering a pleasant taste without harming your oral health.
- Variety of flavors: Explore a variety of toothpaste flavors to find one that suits your taste and makes brushing an enjoyable experience.
Be you – your perfect toothpaste for optimal oral health:
- Low abrasion index ~ 50 RDA
- Fluoride and hydroxyapatite to boost your body’s natural remineralization processes.6
- Sweet taste safe for teeth thanks to xylitol.
- Vitamin B5 and powerful herbal extracts to keep your gums healthy and nourished.
- No SLS, microplastics, triclosan, or other potentially harmful ingredients that are often responsible for various dental health issues.
- Natural enzymes that gently restore your teeth to their natural white radiance.
- Does not alter the taste of food and drinks after use.
- A selection of two vibrant flavours that you’ll love:
In summary, when choosing toothpaste, prioritize one that is gentle on your teeth, supports oral health, and meets your personal preferences, as it directly affects your dental well-being. To maximize the benefits, use a high-quality toothbrush in conjunction with your toothpaste of choice, like: